08 Oct 5 Medford Botox Facts to Know
Have you tried Botox in Medford yet? If not, there are a few things you need to know—starting with the importance of trusting Dr. Schiedler and Oasis Eye Face and Skin with every facial procedure. As a board-certified eye specialist, Dr. Schiedler only offers the best and safest aesthetic treatments. From relatively minor procedures like Botox to brow lifts, you only deserve the most highly-skilled experts taking care of you and your treatments.
Know the Facts
Since Botox has become a household term, there’s also some misinformation about the procedure. Here are a few facts to know about this incredible injectable:
- Botox really does stop wrinkles from forming. Some of the most popular injection sites are between the eyebrows, the forehead, around the eyes, and around the nose and mouth. Muscles that cause lines are temporarily “frozen” for about 6 – 12 months.
- Botox can be preventative. These injections aren’t just for older clients. If you keep muscles from creating wrinkles in the first place, you might be able to prevent fine lines and wrinkles a little longer.
- Botox helps with sweating. Botox is most well-known for treating lines and wrinkles, but it’s also an effective way to stop sweating and even keep headaches in check.
- It doesn’t work immediately. If you’ve seen a movie where someone gets Botox and it immediately works, that’s all Hollywood fluff. It can actually take Botox one to two weeks for full results to show.
- You need to do a little planning around injection day. After your injection, it’s important to avoid sweating, touching the injection area, or lying down for a minimum of six hours. Otherwise, the Botox can spread into undesired areas or be “sweated out.”
Say Goodbye to Your Wrinkles
The amount of Botox you’ll need will depend on the severity of the wrinkles and the amount of treatment sites. Botox is measured in “units,” and one of the most common beginning amounts per site is 20 units. Find out more about Botox in Medford and schedule your appointment today at Oasis Eye Face and Skin.